Saturday, January 31, 2015

mmmm Donuts/my crazy pregnancy cravings

I have never been someone who craves sweets. I don't take sugar in my coffee and if I went out for frozen yogurt the craziest I got was fresh strawberry toppings. Then I got pregnant. My cravings have gone in phases... beginning with the peppermint hot chocolates from Starbucks, to Yogurtland, to cheesecake, to Cold Stone. 

Recently, I have had an endless appetite for donuts. It doesn't help that I live around the corner from a Dunkin Donuts. I have literally gone to Dunkin Donuts every morning before work for the last two weeks. I know I'm pregnant and I get a free pass at being bad but this is just ridiculous. Soooo... to make myself look less of a crazy pregnant lady I decided to make my own. Baking is better than deep frying, right?  




I had gotten a donut baking pan from Michaels a while back and we played around with this recipe leaving out the actual vanilla bean. We definitely enjoyed our results, and will probably play around with more recipes. For now... these will be my morning treat. 




No comments:

Post a Comment