Monday, November 24, 2014

Jalapeño Tequila

A few years ago I went to an extremely nice Mexican restaurant where I ordered a jalapeño margarita. I was hesitant at first but after my first sip I was sold. I went to the store to buy ingredients to recreate the $12 margarita... yes $12... and found some pre-made jalapeño infused tequila. I'm an obsessive ingredient checker, and of course when I looked at the back of the label I was disappointed to see a long list of ingredients I couldn't pronounce. 
Long story short... I made my own. Super easy, way cheaper... and without all those wonderful preservatives, chemicals, and sugar...




I cut up some jalapeños and bought some Patron... stuck it in a dark place for about a week and it was ready to go. It didn't last long since I had friends over immediately and we spent the evening drinking margaritas. 



No comments:

Post a Comment