Friday, December 26, 2014

Dip-Dyed Terracotta Pots



We are currently looking for a new place to live and this whole in between is driving me crazy. I no longer care about the place we live in and keep daydreaming about the possibilities of a bigger and better place. I've gotten so tired of looking at furniture I can't buy since we don't know what space we need to fill just yet, so I thought I'd start to do things that would fit anywhere we lived. 

I've seen various forms of dip-dyed pieces all over Pinterest and thought I'd start there. 


Acrylic Paint

Terracotta Pots


I used painters tape to TRY to make as straight of lines as possible and a sponge brush. Obviously I'm terrible at taping straight but I didn't really care if it wasn't perfect. I applied three coats of acrylic paint, allowing each to dry in between coats. 

I think the final product came out decent... and I have some plans of converting them into hanging planters and placing them inside to give the kitchen (hopefully) some color.






No comments:

Post a Comment